Aleinikov & Partners is recognised to be one of the top firms, which are working in the technology sector. Our clients run the gamut of both international technology giants and world-changing startups, as well as private investors and venture funds that are going to invest in high tech.
Our firm collected extensive experience with a wide range of technologies in areas that include:
Aleinikov & Partners performed structuring a number of the industry’s most high-profile projects such as AIMatter (acquired by Google), MSQRD (acquired by Facebook), Melesta Games (invested in by Wargaming), Mapdata (acquired by Mapbox), Maps.me (acquired by Mail.ru), Vizor Games (invested in by Playrix).
A rapid growth of technology business in Belarus is largely encouraged by the legal regime of the High Technologies Park (HTP). Aleinikov & Partners assisted numerous global technology enterprises in entering the Belarusian market and starting business through the HTP. These are IDT Corporation (NYSE: IDT, USA), Evolution Gaming (STO: EVO, Sweden), Dinamica Generale (Italy), Marketcom Technology (Cyprus) and more.
We advised the HTP Administration in respect of drafting the Presidential Decree On Development of Digital Economy. Aleinikov & Partners developed the legal basis for introduction of blockchain technology, smart contracts, usage of digital signs (tokens) and cryptocurrencies. We also proposed the concepts of “English law” instruments to be imlpemented in the decree to boost venture capital activity in the country.
Being involved in building legal infrastructure for the sustainable development of the industry, the team of Aleinikov & Partners garnered a deep understanding of its nature. Combined with the strongest legal expertise, that is what allows us to be assigned with a status of market leader.
- incorporation of R&D and development offices;
- regulatory issues and compliance;
- tax issues;
- internal regulations and relations with employees;
- management of R&D and development offices (our company provides full-cycle management services).
- Legal Due Diligence;;
- preparing a business for sale;
- business restructuring for transaction parameters;
- assistance in local and cross-border M&A transactions, including structuring, negotiations, drafting documents, closing;
- tax issues.
- пassessing company for compliance with HTP requirements, selecting a business model;
- drafting a business project, registration as an HTP resident;
- compliance with requirements for HTP resident companies.
- Legal Due Diligence of investees;
- preparation of projects and companies for investment and business restructuring for investment transaction parameters;;
- searching for projects and companies for investment and/or for a project investor
- structuring investment transactions (convertible loans, SAFE, equity financing);
- drafting incentive programs for employees of funded companies;
- fund formation and corporate venturing.
- Legal Due Diligence of IP rights;
- usage of Free Software and Open Source Software;
- registration and protection of IP rights;
- formalization of rights to works for hire;
- development of business models for bringing IP objects to the market;
- transactions with IP objects.
- R&D agreements;
- IT-outsourcing agreements;
- agreements in the field of marketing, advertising, promotion, distribution;
- agreements with payment systems;
- agreements with vendors (supply, services, IT-solutions for business);
- trade secrets protection.
Top Manager of Wargaming & Melsoft
We have been cooperating with Aleinikov&Partners law firm on various issues for several years. The representatives of this company are friendly, decent as well as always attentive to the issues in question. Especially I would like to emphasize their deep understanding of the specifics how start-ups work and the nuances of companies which entire into the cross-border market. In my opinion, Aleinikov&Partners is the absolute leader in the number of top-level transactions in the IT-field and the Game Industry in our country.
CEO & Co-founder of Cactussoft
During the work, Aleinikov&Partners' specialists have demonstrated the competence in the intricacies of the Belarusian legislation and high involvement in the workflow. The main quality of the company's lawyers is an exceptional sense of responsibility for the decisions being made. Apparently, exactly for this reason the legal assistance provided by Aleinikov and Partners is of a high quality and always in accordance with international standards.
Co-Founder of Vizor Games
Vizor team would like to express its gratitude to the law firm Aleinikov&Partners for legal support of Vizor Interactive projects. It is quite difficult to find lawyers with an excellent understanding of technologies. Lawyers of "Aleinikov and Partners" are those with whom you can speak the same language. Taking into account the timesaving you can achieve with that, such quality cannot be overemphasized. The law firm "Aleinikov and Partners" can be recommended to IT businesses, which need a modern, flexible and professional team.
Aleinikov&Partners Law Firm became the local consultant of the World Bank in the frame of the World Bank’s project on international technical assistance to Belarus aimed at harmonizing of the domestic legislation with respective EU Directives and international standards.
Aleinikov&Partners Law Firm together with AstapowLawyers International Law Group advised Sports.ru on acquisition of 90live.org – Belarusian developer of mobile applications for football fans.
Aleinikov&Partners finalized the investment deal on seed investments in RocketData from the Russian-Belarusian Venture Capital Fund.