Aleinikov & Partners is recognised to be one of the top firms, which are working in the technology sector. Our clients run the gamut of both international technology giants and world-changing startups, as well as private investors and venture funds that intend to invest in high tech.
Our firm collected extensive experience with a wide range of technologies in areas that include:
Aleinikov & Partners performed structuring a number of the industry’s most high-profile projects such as AIMatter (acquired by Google), MSQRD (acquired by Facebook), Melesta Games (invested in by Wargaming), Mapdata (acquired by Mapbox), Maps.me (acquired by Mail.ru), Vizor Games (invested in by Playrix).
A rapid growth of technology business in Belarus is largely encouraged by the legal regime of the High Technologies Park (HTP). Aleinikov & Partners assisted numerous global technology enterprises in entering the Belarusian market and starting business through the HTP. These are IDT Corporation (NYSE: IDT, USA), Evolution Gaming (STO: EVO, Sweden), Dinamica Generale (Italy), Marketcom Technology (Cyprus) and more.
We acted as legal counsel of the HTP and a string of IT companies in respect of drafting Presidential Decree No.8 “On Development of Digital Economy”. According to international experts, Decree No. 8 (called the creation of the HTP 2.0) has become the most successful Belarusian reform (hundreds of IT companies entered the HTP, and the export revenue of residents increased to $2.3 billion a year). Decree No.8 also became the most high-profile regulatory legal act abroad - in connection with its adoption, about 200 publications appeared in the media, including those posted by the largest media outlets: Bloomberg, Reuters, Emerging Europe and others that provoked an interest in Belarus from foreign business.
Being involved in building legal infrastructure to fuel the industry's sustainable growth, the team of Aleinikov & Partners garnered a deep understanding of its nature. Combined with the strongest legal expertise, that is what allows us to be assigned with a status of market leader.
- incorporation of R&D and development offices;
- regulatory issues and compliance;
- tax issues;
- internal regulations and relations with employees;
- management of R&D and development offices (our company provides full-cycle management services).
- Legal Due Diligence;;
- preparing a business for sale;
- business restructuring for transaction parameters;
- assistance in local and cross-border M&A transactions, including structuring, negotiations, drafting documents, closing;
- tax issues.
- пassessing company for compliance with HTP requirements, selecting a business model;
- drafting a business project, registration as an HTP resident;
- compliance with requirements for HTP resident companies.
- Legal Due Diligence of investees;
- preparation of projects and companies for investment and business restructuring for investment transaction parameters;;
- searching for projects and companies for investment and/or for a project investor
- structuring investment transactions (convertible loans, SAFE, equity financing);
- drafting incentive programs for employees of funded companies;
- fund formation and corporate venturing.
- Legal Due Diligence of IP rights;
- usage of Free Software and Open Source Software;
- registration and protection of IP rights;
- formalization of rights to works for hire;
- development of business models for bringing IP objects to the market;
- transactions with IP objects.
- R&D agreements;
- IT-outsourcing agreements;
- agreements in the field of marketing, advertising, promotion, distribution;
- agreements with payment systems;
- agreements with vendors (supply, services, IT-solutions for business);
- trade secrets protection.
CEO of TUT.BY
The partners of A&P are always professional and responsive. I appreciate not only their superior quality of the services but also efforts they put into social initiatives including support of the startup ecosystem.
Director of Tikkurila
The lawyers of the company demonstrated outstanding knowledge of all nuances of corporate law and experience of the incorporation of companies with foreign investments.
CEO at ASBISc
We have acquired a reliable partner and consultant in the face of the law firm “Aleinikov and Partners”. We recommend the company for cooperation to anyone who needs effective legal support for M&A deals. It should be noted with confidence that lawyers solve problems with high efficiency and in short time, and not afraid to take the challenges of non-standard clients' requests.
Aleinikov&Partners Law Firm became the local consultant of the World Bank in the frame of the World Bank’s project on international technical assistance to Belarus aimed at harmonizing of the domestic legislation with respective EU Directives and international standards.
Aleinikov & Partners has been advised Visor Games, a leading Belarusian developer of multiplayer games for browser, social networks, and mobile platforms, in its investment deal with Playrix. The deal represents the first-ever investment of a top mobile game developer into a Belarus-born gamedev player, an HTP resident, with the intention to jointly develop the company on the basis of “a strategic partnership”
Aleinikov&Partners Law Firm provided legal support concerning incorporation of the joint venture company - China Merchants China-Belarus Commerce&Logistics Corporation CJSC.